Skill Building in Govt
A two-day workshop for municipalities to become mission critical organisations delivering better quality of life for the citizens.
The proposed workshop will equip municipalities and councils how to use global best practices in mission execution and deliver world class administration to citizens.
This gains more importance as cities strive to improve their global ranking in surveys.
As a non profit organisation Medici Institute will provide its expertise in hand holding the municipal administration to drive the framework customised for them and help them execute the same.
We will also help them get into global ranking based on detailed assessments and evaluations of 39 key quality-of-living determinants, grouped in the following categories:
- Political and social environment (political stability, crime, law enforcement, etc)
- Economic environment (currency exchange regulations, banking services, etc)
- Socio-cultural environment (censorship, limitations on personal freedom, etc)
- Health and sanitation (medical supplies and services, infectious diseases, sewage, waste disposal, air pollution, etc)
- Schools and education (standard and availability of international schools, etc)
- Public services and transportation (electricity, water, public transport, traffic congestion, etc)
- Recreation (restaurants, theatres, cinemas, sports and leisure, etc)
- Consumer goods (availability of food/daily consumption items, cars, etc)
- Housing (housing, household appliances, furniture, maintenance services, etc)
- Natural environment (climate, record of natural disasters)
The rankings are based on a point-scoring index, which sees Zurich scoring 108, while Baghdad scores 13.5. Cities are compared to New York as the base city, with an index score of 100. The quality of living survey covers 215 cities and is conducted to help governments.
Who Should Attend?
Municipal Chairman, commissioner, Mayor, Deputy Mayor, LSG Secretaries, and other key decision makers in the LSG administration.
What the Participants Will Learn :
- Creating a vision and Mission for their city
- Identifying the change agenda for a specific period of time/tenure
- Building the strategy for driving the mission and competitiveness
- How to articulate the strategy and get buy-in
- The special Strategy Management framework for executing on the strategy for the city
- Understand how to set meaningful metrics to measure performance and progress on the strategy
- Alignment of relevant stakeholders to the strategy
- Governance system for driving strategy and performance
- Best practices sharing and case studies from around the world
Major Benefits for the LSG and the Urban Affairs Ministry :
- Assistance by world class experts in driving mission, strategy, performance and governance
- Recognition globally for being part of a high performing municipality alliance
- A new way of managing the governance and administration of the city with citizen centred policies and execution
- Create a high degree of transparency and accountability across all the levels of the municipality administration
- Drive social change and visible and measurable results to win polls term after term
- Global and National recognition for improving quality of life
We are a non profit company registered under Section25 of Companies Act.
We do not seek any fees for this but we would probably need to cover costs for conducting this and also in bringing experts from across the world to share their expertise and experience.
We would also need costs covered for helping municipalities build their mission and execution frameworks, measures, targets and governance systems.